Blog 2
My first impressions of the textbook, Steal Like An Artist are confused and inspired. I feel like stealing other people's ideas is wrong, yet like the book said you can't pull something out of nothing. I think it is legal as long as you know the sources. Originality is valued in art, but people can use inspiration from other works to have something to work off of. You can't be more original because everything has already been done before, you can be original at remixing work that no one has put together. To be a better collector I would have to have more time and places to store things. I stash my non-digital collection in pictures on my camera, phone camera, or I have books. I would stash my internet links on Pinterest, my phone, or on paper. I chose George Lucas to be my mentor for this semester because I like Star Wars. My favorite quote from this chapter was Mark Twain saying "It is better to take what does not belong to you than to let it lie around neglected." because it makes sense to use something and not to let it go to waste.


Comments
Post a Comment